It strikes me that one of the fundamental ingredients in the modern era of estate agency is a competent knowledge of one’s software program. At dezrez we have produced some analysis over the years which demonstrates categorically and emphatically that firms that use, in this instance, our software to the maximum, prove to be some of the most successful agents in their market places. There is a direct correlation between s/w usage and profitability. It also increases efficiency and encourages best business practices.
This got me thinking, why is there no standards set for us, the software providers to set obtainable standards of practice with our products? From my prospective it has many advantages and very few disadvantages. For example:
- Enables owners/managers to ascertain skill levels of their staff
- Will encourage better use of products. There is always so much users aren’t aware of what their products can do!
- Will allow staff to strive to improve and gain further knowledge /skills
- For employers, it will enable them when interviewing candidates for roles to understand in simple terms of how well they can use systems and perhaps in doing so, allow them to gauge the motivation of that person
- For employees, they have another sting to their bow and will help with their career development.
I suspect there are many more benefits but I would really be interested in hearing from practicing agents, do you feel this is a good idea. Would you send your staff on a dezrez 1 day training course to get a level 1 certificate, a 3 days training course to get a level 2 or even a 5 day course spread over a couple of months with some sort of exam to give them some sort of advance status?
This is not something dezrez has actively offered yet(!?!) but I just thought I would gauge some interest.
Let me know: email me